projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
25-12-2007
111 post(s)
Why isnt Maciek here yet? Ok, my question really is: can anyone invite people? I know some good Polish guys who are doing documentary projects already who would be a great fit here. Can I invite them? Can I propose them to Simon or an admin and they wold maybe invite them?
25-12-2007
290 post(s)
Rafal we sent a invitation to maciek, but maybe he wont be a member now. from now, remember we are in a beta version and we wont go to fast but of course we will invite more people soon, the site will work in this way, by invitation. I think we should not go to fast till we can make some changes on the site. and i agree with you Rafal there some realy good Polish photographer, and hope we will see maciek one day here ,o) Happy Xmas Rafal Simon
26-12-2007
8 post(s)
Hi Simon and Rafal. I think many of us have thought about Maciek as a member here; he would fit in well I think. I can name a number of other photographers who would be good additions too. Should we list names here of people that we think could be invited, or perhaps just send you and the other admins private mails? I can see ways that keeping it private would be better, but I can also think of reasons why making an open list would be good.
26-12-2007
post(s)
I think that our opinions on who should or should not be on the site may differ. Hence I think it would be better to make suggestions to the site admn and just let them decide if they feel like sending an invite or not. This means I do not think members should be able to make invitations on their own. (I actually did it once at the beginning when I sent a mail to Peter-Homerhomer, but it wasn't at all clear in my mind that the site was still on beta version or that it would take an invitation to be admitted. I thought anyone could apply).
26-12-2007
340 post(s)
Invitation will only be sent by us. Please write to Simon or Arnaud if you have a suggestion.
26-12-2007
111 post(s)
I see pros and cons to doing it public. Pros is that it is visible to all and might encourage more suggestions. Cons are that we know people on The Other Site who might be hurt that we didnt mention them. We should though invite photographers who will fi the feel of this place which is shaping itself up to be a place of intimate documentary photography.