projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
08-11-2007
46 post(s)
Hi to all, I've been reading the faqs and the guidelines and the comments people have left and my mind gave birth do a doubt. It is said somewhere that a photo charged with radioactivity might be deleted or hided. I do understand why. It's a good manner to keep bad photos out of here and force people to think before upload. But since the site is focused in projects it might be possible that a photo that isn't that good as a single can be essential in the context of the project. One thing is commenting the photo in its context or as a single. I am used to comment as single - we all know why... - and I have the feeling that we might fallen into the same issue here. I have seen projects here with just one picture. They're in the beginning, of course, but I wonder if it wouldn't be better to make the project invisible before it reaches, let's say, 3 photos. What do you think of all this? Stay safe, l.
08-11-2007
290 post(s)
Hmm about the nuclear we should becareful to use this Icon and always remind, that we use it just if the picture have not the quality for the site, then every member can contribute. Also no moderator hiding in shadow, because any member can use it. the picture will not be deleted with one Nuclear, we are working on it, how many nuclear ? and it will also maybe have to change when the site will have more and more member. About hiding a project until he have fews pictures, is it not frustrating for the member ?
08-11-2007
46 post(s)
[i]About hiding a project until he have fews pictures, is it not frustrating for the member ?[/i] Yes, you may have a point here. And I discovered that you can also rate and comment the project. So you can keep some consistency through that. You rate and comment the singles as singles (even if you want to insert them in context) and you can rate and comment the project as a whole after it's completed. Great idea. I like that. luis
08-11-2007
290 post(s)
thx Luis ;0)
09-11-2007
25 post(s)
As Luis said, I agree with luis that there is a possibility that single photo that may kick of the project may sounds weak in the beginning but may be worth enough when project will move on..& just by "One Nuclear" it might not be fair to delete the photo. I even feel it is dangerous to hide the photo completely. [i](PS:I may misinterpreted word "Hide")[/i] Using a Nuclear is very critical that everybody must aware & if someone used Nuclear for any specific image let everybody aware that certain image is with Nuclear. In that case person adding Nuclear should also give a description why he feels like giving a Nuclear to that specific image so "THE OWNER" will get chance to justify the significance of that image. Rather than hiding the image completely image can be [b]"Grayed out"..[/b]so other members also will participate in that discussion as that image can easily be recognized. That will also help sort of healthy discussion related to projects & basic concept that lead "Photo Owner" to add specific image in project & what other feels about it. & Let final decision be taken on number of Nuclear awarded by other members. edited by Shailandra_Shinde on 09/11/2007
16-11-2007
180 post(s)
I'm reading this thread, you know in my usual cheeky, troublemaking Furachan way ;o) and all of a sudden I keep seeing the NUCLEAR SIGN everywhere! AAAAAAH! Man, it runs through this seemingly innocent and civilized discussion like the DETH character in Begman's "The Seventh Seal". I think when it does show up for the first time, it WILL be like a nuclear blast, you know... Gal today even said he was close to NUKING me, ha ha (I don't blame him ;o) the thing is, like hat terrible weapon, once you use it, there'S no turning back, is there. Back where we were before actual members used to get NUKED by the management, sans explantion or nothing. I guess it will not be the same here... Thank God. But seriously, Luis makes an excellent point - you could have an individual pic that (by itsel) is near-Nukable but in the overall context of the them is perfectly logical, and we should be sensitive t that. However atotally cr@p pic that doesn't even fit within the theme, well...it's blast off, I guess...
16-11-2007
340 post(s)
Just one thing about Nuclear. A nuclear comment will not delete permanently the picture. In fact, you need 5 atomics comments to disactivate a picture. We (the admin) will have the choice to re-activate it. One nuclear will never have the power to delete a picture. With experience, we will see if 5 atomics is enough, or maybe more, maybe less.
21-11-2007
180 post(s)
Steph, with all due respect, and with most photos these days being lucky to get even THREE comments of any kind, if I were to receive FIVE NUKES, I think I'd go behind a tree somewhere and NUKE myself! You know, any photog on this site with five Nukes hanging around his neck has to feel really, really low, don't you think? It would plunge me into despair, or, to put it another way, I would Nuke that photo before it even got a second Nuke ;o))) One of the reasons Steph, why I think this NUKING talk is clearly such a sensitive issue to us "veterans" of other wars... is that we have seen perfectly decent people, fine photographers all, get summarily NUKED from another website with hardly a reason given, so it all makes us a bit, how shall I put it? Nervous...;o)
21-11-2007
post(s)
That's an hilarious post, Francis. This nuke thing reminds a bit of human bombers kamikazes.
21-11-2007
290 post(s)
ok maybe five is alot for now, but in futur maybe not ,o)