projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
07-11-2007
290 post(s)
heheh Gal bon ben déjà c cool de te lire tu peux gerrer 5 projets en même temps si un des projets nattend pas dix images c'est pas bien grave c'est vrai que le site en version beta donc nous allons certainement avoir a modifier des choses Welcome Gal simon
07-11-2007
142 post(s)
Allez, allez Gal, j'ai bien vu une dizaine de photos chez toi qui pourraient être affichées ici, non? Il me semble me souvenir d'une expo à Genève...
08-11-2007
25 post(s)
Hi Simon, Gal, Luko. hey gal, looking for you load something. Simon is already coming up with new gem.. How about you LUKO??? ;)
08-11-2007
290 post(s)
Hooo yes Gal GO ON i remember that i saw some jewel in black and white somewhere in the Net Luko •• same same and also we are waiting for your amazing comment to put some more life in the Site ,o) Shailandra •• thx and welcome for this adventure
08-11-2007
290 post(s)
une des plus belle image de fleurs Image Galeota j'espere qu'on verra tres vite plus de photos Gal -- [img]http://www.doggyshow.com/photoholik/vrac/gal.jpg[/img] edited by flydragon on 08/11/2007
09-11-2007
25 post(s)
Thanks Simon, In fact I would like to thanks you million times for creating this wonderful site & amazing ideas. Thanks indeed. Warm Regards, -Shailendra
09-11-2007
290 post(s)
Shailendra i should make a correction here or some friends will kill me photoholik is 6 peoples, i didnt made the site by myself ,o) i had my part, but not all this is a huge work, if you want we to touch in the engine of the site hehehh see you in 10 years lol my work a part of the conception and a part of design not a big part ,o) but thx a lot for your words and thx for the others who had work a lot seem that they will not stop soon ,o) edited by flydragon on 09/11/2007
10-11-2007
180 post(s)
Part of me feels a little daunted by the number "10" too but I frankly thik the discipline is god, and so I would not change anything. For so long I have lived on a pictre by picture basis and it is a real challenge to suddenly organize these seemingly disparate elements into some kind of order, looking for links, undelying themes. I feel lke Shailendra - privileged to be on board, and eager to proceed...
11-11-2007
25 post(s)
Thanks Simon for correction. I really thanks for all 6 of you & would be happy if I can able to provide support by any way. Thanks..a Lot . Regards, -Shailendra
11-11-2007
163 post(s)
[quote=Luko]Allez, allez Gal, j'ai bien vu une dizaine de photos chez toi qui pourraient être affichées ici, non? Il me semble me souvenir d'une expo à Genève...[/quote] coucou Luko Puis-je te faire remarquer que Gal a entendu ton appel ;) Indirectement, peut-être entendras-tu le mien :) Au plaisir de te voir/lire nono
11-11-2007
89 post(s)
hey folks, thanks to Gal for inviting and Simon for accepting me. Congratulation to the creators for getting the project off the ground (btw who created this site, I know Simon is one of them but who are the others?) Personally for me this will be a huge challenge to offer anything to this community, mostly because all photographers here so far are so much better than me, projects are a challenge and without being repetitive with TE or Pbase uploads this will be almost impossible. Question: I have browsed though the faq questions but didn't notice if this site is limited to sort of travle/street photography, somewhat in tune with TE guidelines (so far all the photos I have seen here are, but that simply may be due to the early members having interest in this genre), or is it open to just about anything, nature, studio, etc etc etc? It looks like to be able to take a full advantage of this site I will have to learn french, lol, perhaps someone can coach me. Peter
12-11-2007
340 post(s)
Hello Peter! Welcome on Photoholik. I am Stephane, one of the creator of this site, and in fact, the developer. The only limit of Photoholik - Simon, you can confirm - is to build projects. The project could be about anything (serious) you want - sports, travelling, backstage and so on. This is not a TE site. We won't have a Photoholik Nature ;) So welcome again
12-11-2007
290 post(s)
Hello Peter and welcome, nice to see you here sorry for all comment in french, the site just started we will keep in mind to use more english. even for me its a bit more difficult ,) We can say that there is not really a limit about the subject of picture you can post on Photoholik. the most important rules is, to preserve a quality: artistic and creativity. In photoholik you have to make some projects and upload your pictures inside, its like a reportage or a small exhibition. remember that we can comment a picture, but also a project. tiil the project get bigger, you can always edit this comment and write more. PS: the site is a beta version, and you can find some bugs, feel free to reports in this forum. have fun and welcome again
12-11-2007
180 post(s)
A very warm welcome, Peter. Uh, let me put it to you this way: "Welcome home!". Your work which I remember as among the most virbrant and suggestive anywhere will fit like a glove on here, and everyone will be better for it. I wouldn't even hesitate for a seconf if I were you. Post, and post NOW! Cheers, Francis
15-11-2007
123 post(s)
[quote=Homerhomer] It looks like to be able to take a full advantage of this site I will have to learn french, lol, perhaps someone can coach me. Peter[/quote] French is a beautiful language with some specifics that are not easy to figure out ... [b]Let's start with the first french lesson[/b]: Feminine and masculine pronouns Example with a french expression "Faire le mur" meanis "Leaving a place without any authorisation" ... Here "mur" (the wall) is masculine and uses "le" as pronoun. However you may think "mur" is feminine you will switch "le" with "la" pronoun... you have "Faire la mur" and with a non-french accent it will sounds like "Faire l'amour" ... and you will agree that has another sense ;o) !
21-02-2008
1 post(s)
heureux de te revoir Simon, toi et tout ceux qui me manquaient terriblement sur TE. Vince aka vts_ch
21-02-2008
290 post(s)
welcome hope you will enjoy Holik ;o)
29-02-2008
49 post(s)
Ho alain (ALSOM) :I had a big laugh reading your first french lesson with the way you should pronounce "faire le mur" rather than "faire l'amour"... becoming a father has not made you less naughty! haha!
02-04-2008
11 post(s)
Bonjour, Petite question à laquelle les habitués sauront aisément me répondre concernant la taille minimale (le nombre de photos) des projets, et la taille recquise avant de pouvoir ouvrir un nouveau projet. Si je m'en réfère au FAQ, voilà ce que je lis: "Au départ, chaque membre dispose d’un crédit de 5 projets à créer. Chaque projet peut contenir un maximum de 20 photos. Chaque fois qu’un projet contient 10 photos et plus, je peux créer un nouveau projet." Cette règle est-elle toujours d'actualité? Si ce n'est pas le cas (et il me semble que ça ne l'est plus, vu que j'ai pu admirer des projets fermés plus petits), quelle est la nouvelle règle? Merci d'avance Ivana
02-04-2008
340 post(s)
Salut Ivana! Si si c'est toujours d'actualité... dès qu'on modifie qq chose, on modifie la FAQ. Il y a que ce n'est interdit de faire des projets <10 photos... heureusement Par contre, le compteur de nombre de projet n'est incrémenté que lorsqu'un projet depasse les 10. Si un holikers a 5 projets par défaut et que dans les 5, aucun n'a atteint 10 photos, ce membre ne pourra pas en créer d'autres. ok?