projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
18-11-2007
111 post(s)
Since this site is about projects, Im curious about how you go about achieving a homogeneity between your photos to create a unified whole. Or, how concerned are you with it? How anal are you about it? For example, if your story was b/w but one or two images created a much stronger impact in color, what would you do?
18-11-2007
290 post(s)
Hello Rafal about the project i think its not a problem if you have color and black and white inside, the project is more like a reportage or a graphic serie. remember one thing , actualy we comment picture, but in same way you can comment a project. One thing is interresting with the comment on a project is that you can always edit this comment and add more, when the photographer add more pics inside. oupss hope my exlanation is not to messy
18-11-2007
post(s)
[i]achieving a homogeneity between your photos to create a unified whole[/i] I don't think a story is (or should be) homogeneous neither in its content (because time passes by) neither in the form it's told, written, shown. It seems much more important to me not to confound a theme with a project. Where in the first you collect images on a same subject without a rythm between them, like musical notes not achieving a partition, in the second you put together an heterogeneous collage that becomes coherent in its whole. I think we should keep in mind the difference between a collection and a book, in order to keep faithful to, what seems to me, the original intention of this site.
18-11-2007
290 post(s)
this is true Gal also in futur we will work on the project, to have some fonction, like to organise the picture inside the project, it will help to tell a story or to present graphic picture. Also we will try to have a fonction like slide show, this would be work more for some reportage maybe. Also would be nice if we could add sound or music for a slide show. Stephhhhhhhhh ;o) ok i hope i am not to messy to explain this in english
20-11-2007
111 post(s)
Slideshow is crucial. Its the best way of presenting a story because it allows the viewer to focus on the photos exclusively..no slicking. and it flows. But its also dangerous because it will show any weakness of sequencing and it might kill the story too. But we need it. Sound..reat idea...with a story like my TKD I would love to add sounds of the event.
20-11-2007
340 post(s)
Hi everybody! Actually, I am working on the slideshow into the project. And in fact, now Laetitia alias bullabulla will help me - help us. Thx
20-11-2007
290 post(s)
well done Steph ask me when you will need some design ok maybe soon i send you a pics page how i see it thx Steph ,o)
06-12-2007
41 post(s)
When "slideshow" is enabled, it will also be important to have the capability for re-ordering of the photos within a project. Thanks, Animesh
06-12-2007
340 post(s)
Yes we are working on it.