projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
13-01-2010
41 post(s)
A state chamber of commerce (not sure what that means!) in India is asking to publish a few photographs in its 'travel guidebook'. What sort of conditions (useage contract) should one try to agree to? What should be a beginning price rate for negotiation? Or is this is a bad idea to get into?
13-01-2010
49 post(s)
Hi it is a great news for you my friend! congratulations! It is not a bad thing as you get exposed to the reader's eyes.. I have sold some photos to some travel agencies or publishers as well and it all depends on the kind of exposure they are going to get. Usually around 100 USD for a brochure is a decent price and more if it is for an advertisment or an advertising agency for example with world copyrights or for a specific market. You could then ask approx. 200-250 USD. Did that help any? keep us informed about how things went, it is always a great lesson for us all Eric
13-01-2010
135 post(s)
"State chamber of commerce" sounds very serious...but so do many things in India :) Get as much info on this potential customer as you can. It's good to know the total run of the printed material and for how long it will be used as this will set the price. I don't know the Indian market at all so pricing is dodgy. Check your e-mail as I send you my non exclusive usage contract fyi Steve
13-01-2010
41 post(s)
Thanks a lot Eric and Steve! These are very valuable advice. Also Steve, thanks much for the email with the contract draft. I will use it. Regards, Animesh
17-01-2010
75 post(s)
Hy. Congratulations!!! This a great news. About prices it's a long long theme. This last time I have look a lot about prices, because I have sell some pictures. In switzerland, it can be from 100 to 1000 USD, or more... 100 is for a web picture that someone wants to show in his web site. For a book, it's about 250-400 USD, in a national edition, if it will be a world or multinational edition, it rises to 500-700. The size of the picture it's important: bigger it will be, more expensive will cost. Also the number of copies, book or brochures unites. Usually you can find the prices in internet, in the official web of photojournalist or photographers of your country. In Switzerland the prices are as I have explain. Hasta la vista, Javier
16-02-2010
135 post(s)
I received what's most likely the same e-mail...Preeti Kricha from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry on behalf of West Bengal Tourism asking to publish some of my images....I replied to the email asking more info. I don't trust this!
04-04-2010
41 post(s)
[quote=stevev1]I received what's most likely the same e-mail...Preeti Kricha from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry on behalf of West Bengal Tourism asking to publish some of my images....I replied to the email asking more info. I don't trust this![/quote] Update after a few months: I told them of my rate (which I thought was quite reasonable), she replied they don't have funds to pay, and that was it.
05-04-2010
123 post(s)
[quote=AnimeshRay][quote=stevev1]I received what's most likely the same e-mail...Preeti Kricha from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry on behalf of West Bengal Tourism asking to publish some of my images....I replied to the email asking more info. I don't trust this![/quote] Update after a few months: I told them of my rate (which I thought was quite reasonable), she replied they don't have funds to pay, and that was it.[/quote] typical answer. They want to use your pictures but don't have any budget for it. strange way to do business ...