projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
01-07-2009
post(s)
have you guys seen THIS ??? [b]http://beta.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=759951&m=1047107&tt=flat[/b] Nuno is smart...Nuno is incredibly smart...And, witty, and humorous, and sarcastic, and very unique in his approach to photography. He's still a beginner but, God...What a beginner he is ! If one per ten... If only one per ten of his photos is a good one - that is a record of the world ! I don't come near close to that - myself. Nuno was refused ! Nuno rebel... Nuno vibrant and constantly searching... Nuno offender ( with his photos - that is)... I feel like a complete fool... I was the one promoting PH for him...I was the one who welcomed his decision... Total idiot - me... Polonaise ...................................
01-07-2009
135 post(s)
And you've got my support George....we need new blood.....hmmm fresh blood!!!! seriously! Steve
01-07-2009
49 post(s)
Hi George I can't comment on the decision regarding Nuno but any club with membership criteria will from time to time exclude the gifted but admit the mediocre (like me!). I have just read the thread on TE. Those who are seeking a new home away from TE but do not feel PH is the place for them (or vice versa) should look at www.1x.com. Membership there is open but all submissions are put to peer review - only those that receive sufficient 'votes' make it on to the gallery. In that respect it is perhaps the most democratic of all sites, but I stopped submitting there (I was an early member) as the members naturally voted for images in their own image (pun intended) and the site went in directions my photography refused to go (street photography, for example, was quite under-represented). So the same "in breeding" (to quote the thread) happened there too. I would make a similar post in the TE thread - but cannot being one of the excommunicated. Best wishes Stephen
01-07-2009
163 post(s)
Hi all, We are sure, that Nuno is a nice guy ... So, that's right Nuno wasn't accept (-4 +1). We are really sorry for that, but Nuno can submit something "later". The world is not perfect ;) Thanks again. nono
01-07-2009
135 post(s)
Hi Nono, Well that's sorted then...I didn't even know 5 people were looking at the new applicants. That's a fair number. A question : What exactly are the criteria? And off topic...what's happening with the much hyped (by Francis) new features like single uploads? Something really needs to be done to get this place going again. I kinda made the decision to wait until an image of mine is out of the first page prior to uploading another (and that seems to take a LOOOOOONG time...) edit...guess I couldn't wait :) Steve edited by stevev1 on 01/07/2009
01-07-2009
123 post(s)
[quote=Polonaise]have you guys seen THIS ??? [b]http://beta.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=759951&m=1047107&tt=flat[/b] Nuno is smart...Nuno is incredibly smart...And, witty, and humorous, and sarcastic, and very unique in his approach to photography. He's still a beginner but, God...What a beginner he is ! If one per ten... If only one per ten of his photos is a good one - that is a record of the world ! I don't come near close to that - myself. Nuno was refused ! Nuno rebel... Nuno vibrant and constantly searching... Nuno offender ( with his photos - that is)... I feel like a complete fool... I was the one promoting PH for him...I was the one who welcomed his decision... Total idiot - me... Polonaise ...................................[/quote] George, You don't need to blame yourself ... We are all encourage to invite new member to join PH, I guess we also need to respect the PH rules and directions. As of today PH is not a open site for everyone to join. That's PH staff's decision & policy. Cheers, Alain -
01-07-2009
163 post(s)
Thanks all, [quote=stevev1] A question : What exactly are the criteria? ... what's happening with the much hyped (by Francis) new features like single uploads? ... I kinda made the decision to wait until an image of mine is out of the first page prior to uploading another (and that seems to take a LOOOOOONG time...) Steve [/quote] What's a criteria ? What is this word ? :) Ok, we try to encourage creativity, consistency between the photographs (and some technical part like the treatment of course). So in other words what is her / his photo background. After that, we (Stéphane, Jean, Eric, Simon and me) accept or not a photographer. We are five, with different tastes and sensitivity which should allow a door more open, in my opinion. About the Community Projet, it is in developing and we hope to put it online at the end of the month (but it's not 100% sure). Stéphane is waiting a new baby this summer ;) (top secret info ;) ). Simon and me worked on it, ... so it's started. If you go to the main page (and refresh it, because of the random mode) you can see some photographs from you. This is negligence on my part, SORRY for the delay. I hope I have answered to your questions ;) To all, thank you very much. Take care nono
02-07-2009
135 post(s)
Many thanks Nono for explaining the process. As now we also know what's coming I gladly end my civil disobedience :) Can't wait for the new feature... Steve
03-07-2009
290 post(s)
Hi all sorry to reply late and not realy being present last few weeks. i just come back from Bangkok today. I have seem TE forum and what all members there think aboput our rules. I want again tell something about PH that we dont try to be elististe site. I am Sorry about what happened to this Member Nuno, but as Arnaud told before we are five and we vote for every new member who try to have a count in PH. About Nuno personaly i wont say this is a good or bad photographer i am not her to judge. but Nuno sent Five picture and those five picture was not realy convincing. We couldnt know not the entire work from a photographer, that why we encourage every new member, to post a link from a personal website our other place we could see more picture. Also when we refuse a photographer that not mean he couldn't try again to present his work on Holik. It was no necesary to make a big forum on TE and insulting the PH rules. i am sorry if Nuno was hurted about our desicion. Maybe before presenting his work to us, he should think for a better selection. Taking picture is a thing, we can easy collect tone of pictures now with digital. but selection is also a serious work . PH a private website yes of course.... but not elitiste. i guess many of you have the experience to see your own picture near a the baby birthday partie, or the nice close up from a wonderful flower in the garden, and what about the picture with the date on the shot ;o) We always care to preserve the quality of PH and make you more confortable in PH, of course PH i far to be perfect, we will never be a Pbase or a flickrs even from my taste those website are realy good and so PRO, we are another place with our defect. Greeting Simon
03-07-2009
135 post(s)
[quote=flydragon]Hi all sorry to reply late and not realy being present last few weeks. i just come back from Bangkok today. I have seem TE forum and what all members there think aboput our rules. I want again tell something about PH that we dont try to be elististe site. I am Sorry about what happened to this Member Nuno, but as Arnaud told before we are five and we vote for every new member who try to have a count in PH. About Nuno personaly i wont say this is a good or bad photographer i am not her to judge. but Nuno sent Five picture and those five picture was not realy convincing. We couldnt know not the entire work from a photographer, that why we encourage every new member, to post a link from a personal website our other place we could see more picture. Also when we refuse a photographer that not mean he couldn't try again to present his work on Holik. It was no necesary to make a big forum on TE and insulting the PH rules. i am sorry if Nuno was hurted about our desicion. Maybe before presenting his work to us, he should think for a better selection. Taking picture is a thing, we can easy collect tone of pictures now with digital. but selection is also a serious work . PH a private website yes of course.... but not elitiste. i guess many of you have the experience to see your own picture near a the baby birthday partie, or the nice close up from a wonderful flower in the garden, and what about the picture with the date on the shot ;o) We always care to preserve the quality of PH and make you more confortable in PH, of course PH i far to be perfect, we will never be a Pbase or a flickrs even from my taste those website are realy good and so PRO, we are another place with our defect. Greeting Simon[/quote] Simon, Welcome back to Europe!! Guess the temperature won't be a shock eh :) Would you like me to copy your reply here on the TE forum? Steve
03-07-2009
290 post(s)
Hi Steve thx for your reply and glade to be there, the weather in Paris is good now and in Bangkok was perfect hehe Yes you can send this in TE, but please maybe make some corrections, my english is far to be perfect.
03-07-2009
135 post(s)
OK Simon it's done. Had to start a new topic as the original was locked by an admin......:mods: http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=1&t=760437&m=1047803&tt=flat edited by stevev1 on 03/07/2009
03-07-2009
290 post(s)
Thx Steve if they locked the previous one maybe that mean they wont hear more about PH, and maybe they will delete the new one never mind, i just told what i was thinking, and again sorry for this member. funny to see some members said, that our rules are ridiculous !! yes of course for some postcard's photographers it would be maybe ridiculous. thx again
03-07-2009
135 post(s)
Most welcome Simon.....now let's see those new Bangkok photos :)
03-07-2009
290 post(s)
Steve i will maybe make you sad but you will not see much new picture from BKK i was not there for holliday or photo shooting, to be honest i am looking to live in Bangkok soon a possible and i was there for rent a house and see about some business possibility, that why i am not realy present now on PH thi is take to me a lot time and energy :)
06-07-2009
post(s)
Nuno was not refused after all. And Nuno says thanks. :)
07-07-2009
163 post(s)
10 000 $ please ;) Welcome nono