projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
I see in the gallery sometimes very beautiful images, I have personally a regret, it is to see that these images are not highlighted. A simple detail as a black line or a white margin, can put improving the development of your images, and indeed on the gallery of Photoholik. indeed on each is free to present its work as it wishes. My wish would be that the gallery of photoholik gives more envy, for his quality of pictures and presentation. [img]http://www.doggyshow.com/photoholik/vrac/001.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.doggyshow.com/photoholik/vrac/002.jpg[/img]
14-03-2009
49 post(s)
two very nice photos well highlighted indeed. Did you shoot the second one?
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
no Eric the first is from Hugh Siegel and the second from Partha Pal you can see both of them in the gallery
14-03-2009
49 post(s)
Yes i just saw them!:applause:
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
My wish with this topic is that certain members made an effort of presentation, one for their work and also for the site.
14-03-2009
135 post(s)
Hmm I'm not convinced...For years I always put white frames around images, with a 1px black stroke. I grew tired of doing this and for a while now only present the image. No line no frame...just the image. Unlike other sites like pbase where you can upload at any size you want, here we get 750px and I intend to use every single one of them.
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
I am not sure Steve that if the image occupies the totality of 750 pixels, this picture will look better, it is indeed personal and more by gout of better one presentation. In an exhibitionan image is always highlighted when it has a margin.
14-03-2009
44 post(s)
I just had stopped putting a frame:), as the background here is almost white. But I see your point indeed. :iagree:
14-03-2009
135 post(s)
As with other things in life size does matter :doggystyl: but I understand what you mean Simon. I'm not against frames at all. They can enhance the impact of an image but I'm not sure it would make the gallery page better looking. edited by stevev1 on 14/03/2009
15-03-2009
290 post(s)
[quote=stevev1]As with other things in life size does matter :doggystyl: but I understand what you mean Simon. [/quote] :nutkick: depend hahahaha
15-03-2009
31 post(s)
You could give us an extra 50 pixels to make a border you know. If we all make a 'gentlemens agreement' not to abuse this it could work. Any violations could be dealt with accordingly...:slap:
23-04-2009
180 post(s)
This is a fascinating topic. Look at MAGNUM and you will see they don't use any borders... I dunno. My personal inclination is to agree with Simon, and I still use borders even with the 750 pixel limitation (which does feel a little tighter than 800...) If a photo is really well composed, if the graphism really POPs, it will come through even reduced further by the presence of a border - I do agree with that. The only problem is with what I call the "Salgado" type pics (recent example - Siddhartrha), where you have a crowd scene with the frame full of small details - then we would want to see the thing as large as possible, preferably printed on a wall. But the small space afforded to us when we use a border is a kind of challenge in itself - a challenge towards more discipline - it may also affect the kind of shots we make and upload - looking for greater impact, more of a cropped design perhaps, but that's how it always was as I recall. All in all I am sympathetic to Simon's invitation here - he wants both the "site" to look more attractive and each one of our pictures to be better showcased. WHo could argue with that?