projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
[img]http://www.doggyshow.com/photoholik/vrac/bkkbook.jpg[/img] This is my first book about Bangkok, just finished with blurb. [b]Unexpected bangkok[/b] is about graphic and color pictures. You can see [url=http://www.blurb.com/books/604707][b]here with the link[/b][/url] a preview from the 15 first pages. edited by flydragon on 14/03/2009
14-03-2009
75 post(s)
Nice job Simon. very graphic, as you said, with powerfoul colors. I like a lot how you have mix the pictures and the composition of the pages. A nice visual travel. I'm working on a B&W book now, and I have read your comment about the quality of Blurb...I'm not sure to do it,...Do you have repeat another one? hasta la vista
14-03-2009
135 post(s)
That's great photography Simon and very pleasing layout work as well... Why is everyone talking so much about these blurb books? There so many options for book printing??? Steve
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
Steve it was a bout some probleme printing in B&W Javier: I think i have found why my black and white book looked not that good. On photoshop when you save your picture in sRGB color profile, Do not forget to deactivate " Embed color profiles sRGB..... " I didnt do it befoe and it gave me a lot cyan. you should try with a picture and a white frame Javier, if you can see this cyan.
14-03-2009
75 post(s)
Thanks Simon! I will tell you how it has work the book. Bon we!
14-03-2009
49 post(s)
Bravo Simon for this book! I also ,noticeed your Brest men book that looks good too! I think i am going to buy both ;-) Good presentation text too! :) Eric
14-03-2009
48 post(s)
Bravo Simon! De surcroît un thème sur Bangkok qui dénote clairement avec le coup d'oeil usuel du touriste occidental lorsqu'en voyage en Asie du Sud Est, ce qui lui donne une touche de fraîcheur, originale et bienvenue. Où peut-on se procurer le bouquin? Directement sur Blurb?
14-03-2009
290 post(s)
Thx Gal i wanted something colored and fun. before the next in black and white. you can see at [url=http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/604707][b]this link[/b][/url]
15-04-2009
123 post(s)
Nice preview Simon ! I wish I could have more time for some street photo in Thailande & especially in BKK ! Hopefully next time w/o my family. That was cool to meet you for a drink in BKK, hope you don't have too much troubles with the late events in BKK ! Wishing all the best for your new projects ;o) ! edited by ALSOM on 15/04/2009
15-04-2009
290 post(s)
Hello Alain merci pour ton mot, c'était en effet cool de se voir ici à Bangkok la situation est un peu critique en ce moment, ce mercredi les choses semblent se calmer, à voir .....
19-04-2009
31 post(s)
I've been meaning to do a blurb book for a while, but wanted to see a copy first. I guess I'll be buying a copy now!
23-04-2009
180 post(s)
Bravo Simon, your first book on BKK, and not the last for sure! I am a little surprised by the emphasis on the "graphic" element and the "modernity" (at least from the extracts I have seen. The result is very close to a book about Tokyo, actually (reinforced by the crops of cosplay...) I think it lives up perfectly to the title. Having said that I look forward to your others books about the city, about the older parts, Klong Toei and all the rest, the Children of the Railway, all favorites in my mind. Congratulations, a very nice editing job! Francis
24-04-2009
44 post(s)
Mes compliments Simon, j'avais raté ce forum. Cela me plaît beaucoup, très moderne, belle alternance de sujets. J'ai en déjà un de Inn, et voilà, je vais continuer ma collection. :D. J'espère que les choses vont mieux à Bangkok. Amitiés. Michèle
04-05-2009
290 post(s)
Thx to all of you :)