projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
17-01-2009
89 post(s)
I will kindly ask, what's going on with all the deletions, Francis man you disease is spreading, I mean I just spend 15 minutes writing a reply to a what someone perceived to be a harsh critique of mine, and before I was done writing my detailed reasoning the whole dog damn project is deleted, well I gotta news for all of you deleteoholics, this is not fair to all of us who take time to comment your work, and if a critique is not something you want to hear there are sites like TE that are perfect for that. Perhaps I just don't understand how online communities work and should go back to my hiding hole. I am going for a walk ;-)
17-01-2009
163 post(s)
Nono vote [b]NO[/b] to deleteoholics Yep, not fair at all. (we can restore projects, photographs, comments ...). But please see this site like a table encircled by friends who give some frank comments, about a projet / photo association. Wake up :argh:
17-01-2009
89 post(s)
I am back from my walk, and apologize for the outburst, while I think I made a valid point I should have worded it differently. Sorry.
17-01-2009
135 post(s)
Bollocks! Think before you post....that goes for a project, a photo but also a comment. Now in my book people upload what they want but they have to face the music. When you receive bad comments, learn from it, defend yourself or just ignore it. DON'T delete. That said, in Francis ' case I often think he's just to hard on himself. In the case of Hugh: http://www.photoholik.com/messagesComments.aspx?idPhoto=3120&comment=12277&photographer=stevev1&photographercomment=bombilla&prov=comment&titrePhoto=Street%20portrait
18-01-2009
89 post(s)
[quote=stevev1] That said, in Francis ' case I often think he's just to hard on himself. [/quote] no kidding ;-), the couple (that I have noticed) of photos that he deleted in the last 24 hours were actually quite nice ;-) Anyway, looks like the issue is important only to very few of us, or it has been disscussed before and bringing it up again is just a perfect waste of cyberspace ;-)
19-01-2009
24 post(s)
I just saw this thread. I'm with you guys. It's very frustrating to see photos come and go (especially once comments are made). I consider this quite disrespectful to commenters and the purpose of the site. Of course as owners of the photos it's our right to delete, but think that for the most part this shouldn't be done. If one wants to load and upload photos at will one can always start up their own site. But here I think part of the purpose is to see how others see your vision (of both individual images and projects as a whole). And there's always the 'draft' folder if comments make one change one's mind about a particular image... Some are hard on themselves, this is true and I am sympathetic--but that sympathy dissipates with each deleted image. The best way to learn is through critique and deleting critiques (if continuously done) is akin to ignoring critiques... That's my two cents.
23-01-2009
163 post(s)
Hi Francis, You have the draft zone for photographs wich you have doubt. In any case, NO to deleteoholics. [b]NO[/b]-[b]NO[/b]
23-01-2009
340 post(s)
Salut Francis Souhaites tu qu'on fasse revivre ta photo pour que tu puisses la déplacer en draft?
23-01-2009
180 post(s)
To Steph: Bonjour Stephane, bonjour l'ami. Non, il ne s'agit pas d'une seule image... mais de tant d'esquisses effacees! Mais merci pour ton offre, c'est tres sympa de ta part.
23-01-2009
89 post(s)
[quote=Furachan] I am finding the whole project task really daunting. ...[/quote] You are not the only one, I dare you to find one peron here who finds creating coherent projects easy, after all for most of us it's a new endavour, and in many cases projects are collection of images that fit into the theme. [quote=Furachan] TE. We're playing for keeps here and every project is a mini portfolio, is it not? ...[/quote] That's really up to you Francis, each and everyone of us can treat it differently, for me it's a joy of photography ( or knowing my limitations) that keeps me here and not a serious portfolio building or a springboard into a fame and fortune. I just like to, on occasion, share my photos and thoughts, nothing more nothing less, with some of the photos having common denominator, and the most important aspect of being here is the community and friends.
23-01-2009
24 post(s)
sorry I haven't had much time to be very active guys. Im prepping for some workshops I'm running and getting ready for my next trip abroad... back on topic: one shot images are great and one need not change one's style to create a project, one just has to create objects that fit ones style. HBC was not a photo essayist but his works could still be gathered together to illustrate a theme. Haikus are beautiful on their own--but that doesn't mean you can't collect them into books, or divide those books into chapters. Francis, the barriers are your own in their making. I think your biggest hurdle is in not rushing into a project. Collect your images that you think are up to par, then see what links them together. Don't start with a theme, then try to fit your images into it--that only works if you shoot with that purpose (and I feel that that isn't how you shoot). That said I'd recommend you try to do a project with a theme in mind before you shoot it. if you do this I suggest you do not upload until you have completed the project to make sure that it fits with your vision and that the theme is coherently expressed. I really think this sore of an assignment would be very good for your development. it need not be a BIG project, choose someone you know well and cover 'a day in the life' for example. Take Jinju's old projects about his family--wonderful stuff--and he didn't have to leave the house! Good luck!
30-01-2009
89 post(s)
speaking of deleting, I can't see our latest thread on projects, where is it, has it been moved somewhere?
30-01-2009
163 post(s)
[quote=Homerhomer]speaking of deleting, I can't see our latest thread on projects, where is it, has it been moved somewhere?[/quote] Right, we moved in suggestions part : [url=http://www.photoholik.com/forum_asp/topic289-part-of-the-problem-is-projects.aspx][b]Here[/b][/url] ;)
30-01-2009
89 post(s)
[quote=fixed][quote=Homerhomer]speaking of deleting, I can't see our latest thread on projects, where is it, has it been moved somewhere?[/quote] Right, we moved in suggestions part : [url=http://www.photoholik.com/forum_asp/topic289-part-of-the-problem-is-projects.aspx][b]Here[/b][/url] ;)[/quote] gosh, you had me worried, am I ever glad I haven't used WTF smiley :logic:
30-01-2009
163 post(s)
[quote=Homerhomer] ... am I ever glad I haven't used WTF smiley :logic:[/quote] Me too, cool man :smoke: