projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
14-12-2008
290 post(s)
About few month i was thinking to make a book with Blurb, but i didn't do it. One of our Member [url=http://www.photoholik.com/profil.aspx?photographer=greeneye][b]Greeneye[/b][/url] made some cool book there. I recommend you this one [url=http://www.blurb.com/books/440849][b] Indian impressions[/b][/url]. Congratulation Inn a cool book and great pictures. Maybe we could make a topic on Holik About Blurb book, and lett see if some idea will come. what about a First Photoholik book ?
14-12-2008
75 post(s)
Interesting idea to make a photoholik book... it can be realy interesting. javier PS: nice book Inn, interesting, coloured, and beauty.
14-12-2008
49 post(s)
HiWhat is blurb?
14-12-2008
290 post(s)
Eric Blurb is the sound from your stomach, afer eating 3 big mac :sick: Blurb is a website and also a soft to make a book, can also sell online, but i dont know much about this part. its work also with Flickr, that why on blurb have so many book? the soft to make the book is not that bad. take a look on my firt post and the link Indian Impressions edited by flydragon on 14/12/2008
14-12-2008
89 post(s)
love the layout and presentation.
15-12-2008
123 post(s)
I made a wedding book for my brother-in-law. That's a good quality printing. Good price as well. Maybe the best online book printing tested so far.
15-12-2008
123 post(s)
[quote=flydragon]Eric Blurb is the sound from your stomach, afer eating 3 big mac :sick: Blurb is a website and also a soft to make a book, can also sell online, but i dont know much about this part. its work also with Flickr, that why on blurb have so many book? the soft to make the book is not that bad. take a look on my firt post and the link Indian Impressions edited by flydragon on 14/12/2008[/quote] Once you release your book as public, people can order your book ... edited by ALSOM on 15/12/2008
15-12-2008
290 post(s)
Thx Alain for the information. i am doing a book there to see about the quality. The soft is easy to use, not really pro but ok . I have a question, i didnt found how to make a picture in a double page .
15-12-2008
123 post(s)
[quote=flydragon]Thx Alain for the information. i am doing a book there to see about the quality. The soft is easy to use, not really pro but ok . I have a question, i didnt found how to make a picture in a double page .[/quote] The trick is to put the same photo on 2 different pages and move them right or left so that you have perfect collage. For the paper quality, Blurb has a new paper quality, did not test though.
15-12-2008
290 post(s)
ho ok this is the way i did. strange they dont have a double page in template thx Alain
16-12-2008
180 post(s)
Blurb is absolutely the way to go, SImon. Great idea. They make high quality printing available to individuals and they have produced some very fine work so far (I personally own two of their works, one on North Korea (middle format jon) and a fantastic BW book on Cuba by Nick Hoon who used the Epson R-D1 rangefinder exclusively (same frustrating, lovely retro piece of gear I struggle with ;o) SOme kind of "Holik compendium" is a capital idea. Let's put out heads together. Oh Inn, bravo, great job!
16-12-2008
75 post(s)
I'm completely agree with Francis, a kind of "Holik Compendium", may be two, one in colour, and the other in B&W...the difficulty will be to make the choice, but it can be possible to do as some magnum books or from other photo companies, to put one or two pictures of each one; or another possibility is to make a general choice. To ask every one what are, at his point of view, the 10 or 20 better pictures on Holik, and try to make a larger choice of good quality. May be 30 pictures for a book ?
19-12-2008
14 post(s)
My better half got me one for Xmas last year, the quality of it impressed me (especially the photos!) [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2189/2138352942_5533f7d687.jpg[/img] [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2389/2137572339_eac16230f9.jpg[/img]
20-12-2008
290 post(s)
Congrat Brendan for this book, the quality seem realy good, i can feel the black look deep do you have a link in Blurb to watch the 15 first page of this book I am working on blurb to publish one book. ill put a link when this one will be done.