projects . gallery . team project . forum . search . members . my space

/forum

User Message
27-11-2008
290 post(s)
After reading Francis Topic on forum, and some other members,i was wonder and wanted to open a new porject. Memory of a city, is a graphical work i started to do few month ago. maybe it would be inrteresting to open the creativity on Holik and allow member to post more graphical work. Yes i agree that now the site is more about street photographer. Graphical work but always made with photography, we could allow the member to make a bit more of pos production. I Wont open the project and post the first picture, i think it could be a interesting topic. here the firt picture of this project Memory of a city. [img]http://www.doggyshow.com/photoholik/vrac/image01.jpg[/img] Oupss i forgot before someone maybe have the good idea to compare this with TL, i want say no it not a Copy of TL. Jut a idea to make Holik a bit more creative. edited by flydragon on 27/11/2008
27-11-2008
340 post(s)
Hi Simon Well that is very interesting. There is a lack of "bizarre" pics in here. But how can we make that sort of projects when you are not a graphist, as you? Maybe can You explain how can we do in photoshop?
27-11-2008
290 post(s)
Hello Steph thx to reply No no way i wont make a workshop how to use photoshop haha but jut try to propôse a solution to make Holik more attractive with more creativity. and of course this should be a photographic work. Luko started a project, and for me it was a good start, i would say Luko project was in the same line. I think we should make some rule. I dont think we need to be graphic designer.
27-11-2008
290 post(s)
Its another way to tell a story with photography like a simple triptych or diptych. I do remember the topic we had for this picture. But also remember that some member found the idea interesting. [img]http://www.doggyshow.com/photoholik/vrac/montage01.jpg[/img]
27-11-2008
340 post(s)
I remember quite well this picture. Some holikers found this idea interesting, but some not at all ! Maybe that we should begin with an exhibition...:)
27-11-2008
290 post(s)
right Steph some didn't found the idea interesting, that why i think it would be intereting to make a topic about .
27-11-2008
135 post(s)
I don't see what graphic design has to do with photography in its purest form. Sure it could be interesting but creativity should be about subject and style, not form or purely graphic design...I could be wrong :) Anyway I'll start a small project tomorrow, miles away from what I normaly photograph...When I did this assignment last year I was totaly lost. I was asked to do things I don't know anything about. Far out of my confort zone :) It's something very different, you'll see
27-11-2008
142 post(s)
[quote=flydragon]maybe it would be inrteresting to open the creativity on Holik and allow member to post more graphical work. Yes i agree that now the site is more about street photographer. Graphical work but always made with photography, we could allow the member to make a bit more of pos production. I Wont open the project and post the first picture, i think it could be a interesting topic. [/quote] I personally think what you are proposing here is VERY interesting and the mix between photography and something else (or a mix of photographies) probably opens new horizons for creativity. It can be graphism like you show or, like I tried on a first hand, litterature, but it can be everything else : that is also why I also advocated in the past with steve for sounds.
27-11-2008
163 post(s)
Open ... But photography and graphic design is not the same thing. Just my opinion. Ready for the workshop Simon ;) ? nono
28-11-2008
180 post(s)
Bravo, Simon! You are displaying true leadership with this new initiative. To be honest when I started this whole "trouble" here :omg: , I didn't have any answers or solutions. I just sensed that we were not functioning on all cylinders, and I thought there would be responses, and...there were :whs: By taking the lead with this eminently practical and challenging proposal, Simon, you are doing precisely what we would expect from the founder of this community: :king2: (Just kidding...) The fact is that many of us are dealing with "a sense of place" in our work (if I can call it that ;o) For me it is the seedy side of Salariman Tokyo first and foremost with glimpses of Hanoi, etc thrown in, in other words - CITIES. For Animesh lately it has been the "remembered world of Bengal", and so on and so forth. Your very smart suggestion opens up all kinds of possibilities for us to synthesize our experience and perceptions. So thank you for the quick action, I think it will make a world of difference.
28-11-2008
290 post(s)
I am not ure we can call this graphic design. maybe another way to use photography to tell something.
29-11-2008
180 post(s)
Are you referring to my sophisticated use of Smileys, Fly...;o)))
01-12-2008
23 post(s)
I am all for it Fly. It would be a great challenge for some of us myself included. Francis, Nono, Luko, Homerhomer, Prezentime. I'm sure all of you guys would bring forth some great work.
02-12-2008
49 post(s)
personnally I like this first post very much! We are surrounded by graphic design in our lives and not wanting to open up to it and stick to "real" photography sounds like an old fight to me, a sort of combat des anciens contre la modernité. I am with you on that one Simon! Eric